1. During this film I was very intrigued by Ryan’ s persona and his friend’s feelings towards him. He was a very interesting person with many thoughts and ideas on life. I liked being able to see how he viewed life through his films. Then to view the artist, Chris Landreth’s, version of Ryan was very though provoking as well. The way Chris portrays the characters in Ryan, including himself is extremely creative. With the character’s thoughts and feelings reaching from their brain, you can tell what each character is feeling as the emotions occur. I felt that both of these films have expanded my thoughts on viewing both art work and the world in general.
2. The camera angles used in this film made the documentary very interesting. I like how they included shots that Ryan had taken with a video camera to show his perspective on the world. Ryan captures certain things that a person would not necessarily take the time to notice, such as, the birds in the park, bottle and pop cans, park benches, etc. It shows a better view of the life he leads, which gave the documentary more of an inside perspective.
3. This film is about the life of Ryan and why Chris Landreth decided to create the film Ryan. It gives the viewer and fans of Ryan a better insight as to who Ryan is and why Chris made his film the way he did and the purpose behind it.
4. The film was created in Montreal, 2004.
5. I think the film was successful because the film makers were able to capture the true life of Ryan. Also the amount of time and art put into creating the story makes the film very valuable. Especially for the people who knew Ryan or have a particular interest in the National Film Board.
6. If I were able to change something about the film, I would not start the intro with a shot of Chris Landreth. This was the only scene I felt that did not fit into the documentary. It made it seem like he was the subject at first. What Landreth said was a good opening but I would not have shown him sitting there. But as a whole, I like how story is told, and the different insights that come with it. It just shows us how everyone is completely different and I like learning the about the uniqueness in our world. To me that is very fascinating.